This office complies with applicable federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability or gender. This office does not exclude or treat people differently because of race, color, ethnicity, age, disability or gender.
- Provides free resources and services for people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, including:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, including:
- Qualified interpreters
- Translation services
- Information written in other languages
If you believe that this office has not provided these services or has been otherwise discriminated against based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, or gender, you can lodge a complaint with our doctor at the address, phone number or e-mail address on this website under the "Contact" tab.
You can submit a complaint in person or by post, fax or e-mail. If you need help filing a complaint, our doctor and staff are available to assist you.
You can also file a civil rights compliant with the United States Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf , or by email or phone:
United States Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at: http://www.hhs.gov /ocr/office/file/index.html